Wednesday 14 January 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope you and your families had a wonderful christmas and are recovering nicely from this festive season! Did you have a good New Year? I hope so!

Here's some images from a portrait session I did with my daughters just before christmas. I took them to a lovely local field/hillside.

Walk in green Pastures

L & L

Miss L & Miss L

Miss L

Miss L

Lara discovered the "Santa Clauses" (what do you call them?) that where all over the paddock.

Make a Wish

Miss L & Miss L

Miss L

And the search began to find MORE Santa Clauses to make wishes on... I thought she looked like a little Ladybird here!

Ladybird

Miss L

Miss L & Miss L

Miss L

Miss L

There's a couple of farms right nearby and unfortunately this one is for sale and soon there will be no more lovely countryside in our suburb... got to get in before the developers do!

Miss L's

I thought we'd have a bit of fun... Lara loves talking on the phone....

Misses L's on phones

Miss L on Phone

When we got home Lara posed for this shot! Such a cutie! And I'm very biased... but I can admit it lol!

Merry Christmas

wendy poelstra photography is looking forward to a big year ahead! And to start the year off I am going to hold my first competition on my blog! There are 3 prizes: 2 x portrait session for a couple and 1 x portrait session for an individual. Each prize includes an 1hr & 1/2 session at a location of your choice, the DVD of the images, and an A4 print.

It's very easy to enter the draw, simply leave a message on my blog answering the question I asked you in the first paragraph of this blog entry and nominating which of the prizes you want to win.

There are some rules for this prize: 1. You must be residing in Brisbane, Qld, Australia to be eligible to claim the prize. 2. You must be able to claim your prize before the 30th April 2009 at a mutually suitable time. 3. You must be willing to have your images displayed on this blog and susbsequent website.

The prizes will be drawn on 31st January 2009. Good Luck!

Wen xx

8 comments:

Chrisy said...

hey there...came to you via ur sister's blog....great giveaway and i'd be happy with any prize!...xmas was nice...family oriented...new year has brought lots of idea for projects and some frenzied activity...best of luck with your blog and the photography business....lovely pics of ur girls...

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Wendy! Our new year has seen both of my gorgeous children start at daycare together. Big brother is so proud to "look after" his little sister when Mum & Dad are at work. Little sister is sad when we say goodbye, but her smile hello at the end of the day makes my heart ache with love....awwww. You know I love your photos and would cherish any time in front of your camera. Lerissa x

Anonymous said...

Dear Wendy,

My name is Samantha Abbott and I came across this blog via your Facebook page! I am after a photographer for our upcoming wedding in June and thought I would have a look at your work. I would love to be able to organise a portrait session for my partner and I with you prior to our big day-your photos are incredible.

2009 marks a big year for us both. We are getting married in June, travelling overseas for the first time for our honeymoon, as well as hopefully completing renovation work on our home! Should be a busy year, but definitely one to remember.

Bec said...

Hi there! I have also come from your sister's lovely blog, and wow - you're a very talented photographer! Our new year has been fantastic - starting with a ride on the old Puffing Billy steam train on new years day in Melbourne, and following up with some great extended family shin-diggs since getting home to Brissy again. Just lovely :) I guess if I won the giveaway I would like the individual session, only because I'm quite sure there is no way I would convince my husband to get photos done with me, and while I would love some photos of my two kids, we have a rule not to publish their faces on the Internet. So that just leaves me I guess :D

Steph Bond-Hutkin said...

Hi Wendy - I'm also here via your sister's blog. Congrats on the new business and here's a huge 2009 for you. Ours started well with a night out on the Sunshine Coast with some friends visiting from Sydney. Then relaxing days on the beach with my family.

If I won, would love an individual portrait of our 16 month old Sophie as my husband's family live on the other side of the world and don't get to see her cute face (and 4 teeth!).

Steph
Bondville

Unknown said...

Hey Wendy, these pictures of the girls are just fantastic! I can't believe how grown up Lars looks... pre prep now, only one more year to go till she starts prep......
Keep up the fantastic photography, I look forward to seeing more!

Cheers Miss Robby

Aurelie said...

Hi Wendy,

Well I'll enter the competition because I'd love some nice portraits of me :-)

I had a great new year and some projects for 2009 include: photography, travelling to South America and hopefully going to France as well to see my friends and family.

Cheers,
Aurélie

Wendy P said...

Thanks for entering the competition ladies! The prizes have been drawn. Another prize will be available in a couple of months so look out for that!

Follow my blog

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    First Glance Photography

    Seeking Photographers? First Glance Photography is the finest choice. Visit First Glance Photography at OneWed.com & read a bridal review of this vendor.

    Remember OneWed.com when shopping for bridal dresses and bridesmaid dresses. Go ahead, chat with other brides on our wedding forums, browse wedding flower photos or search 200,000 wedding photographers, caterers, wedding venues, florists & more!